Logging in to Pitt Worx and Accessing Time and Absences
Once in Pitt Worx, select Time and Absences from the Me page.
Entering a Time Card
On the Time and Absences page you will be able to select from two options:
- Current Time Card: Here, you will be able to enter time for the current work (that is, the same work week as the day/week that you are accessing Pitt Worx). The date selection will be limited to the week the time card is entered.
- Existing Time Cards: Here, you can update or review existing time cards or enter your time for past periods.
To add a new time card, select the Add button. If you already have hours entered for this week, these hours will be available as Reported Hours. New time cards can be added for the previous four weeks or up to two weeks into the future.
Complete the following fields:
- EIT Task Entry: Select the task from the list for which you are submitting the time. The time entered will apply to the tasks selected. Some employees will have several tasks for which to apply different time entries.
- Hours Type: Select H-Hours Worked, or in the event you are recording time off, select one of the time off types. Each selection for a given hours type must be done separately.
- Quantity: Enter your hours worked for each day, or the number of hours for the selected hours type. The value entered applies to each day in your selected dates.
- Dates: Select the dates for your entered hours worked by selecting the calendar icon, and selecting each day to which those hours apply. Dates can also be entered directly into the text box.
If you are working a different amount of hours each day, use the Add another date button and enter the quantity of hours worked each day for that corresponding date.
For convenience, you may also copy a previous time card (for instance, if you work the same schedule each week). When adding an entry, select the Actions dropdown menu and select Copy Previous Time Card. You may also select Copy Other Time Card and browse for the time card that you would like to copy.
Recording Overtime (OT)
If you enter more than 40 hours into a time card, Pitt Worx will automatically calculate your overtime (OT) paid. After entering all hours types to your time card, select the Calculated details by earned date from the "View By" menu to review overtime premium (OT 0_5) and overtime straight time (OT 1_0), in addition to your hours worked for the week.
Overtime is calculated on a weekly basis. It will always be available on the day of the week in which the hours worked exceeds 40 hours for the week.
Reviewing and Submitting a Time Card
After you have entered all days and quantities for that Hours Type, select the OK button. Your entries are now available to review. Select the Pencil icon to edit the entries, if necessary. Each day is a separate line. Be sure to edit all lines that may need to be changed.
After reviewing your time card, select the Submit button.
Verifying Submission of a Time Card
To verify the submission of your time card, select Existing Time Cards from the Time and Absences page. Your most recently submitted time card should be listed with the word "Submitted."
Once your supervisor approves your time card, the status of the entered time card will change to "Approved."
Reviewing Existing Time Cards
To review existing time cards (that is, time cards that have already been submitted), select Existing Time Cards from the Time and Absences page.
If a time card for which you were already paid requires editing, please contact your supervisor.
Select the arrow from the dropdown menu and then select Specific time period. This page only displays the last five time cards by default.
Enter the Start and End dates, then select the magnifying glass icon to search. The time cards for that search will become available.
If needed, you can select the Add button to create a new time card for past or future dates.