On December 17, 2018, Pitt will launch Talent Center, the new talent acquisition, recruiting, and onboarding system, that will impact those who are involved in the hiring process of staff, students, and temporary positions on all campuses.
Before the new system goes live, from December 12 at 5:00 p.m. to December 17 at 9:00 a.m. PittSource will have an outage period to move information over to Talent Center. During this time, PittSource will be unavailable to users, OHR, and the public.
There are several steps that responsibility centers and departments can engage in to better prepare for the outage, launch, and transition to the new system.
Prioritize Your Submissions
In preparation for the outage, please complete these high-priority PittSource transactions:
- Offers (hiring proposals) for employee start dates between December 17 and January 2
- Requisitions with updates you would like posted before December 12
- Requisitions with no updates you would like posted before December 12
Please submit these PittSource transactions by the deadline your final approvers have set (prior to December 12) in order to be processed by compensation and talent acquisition before the system is unavailable. Don’t fret, if you don’t get updated or new requisitions submitted before the outage, they will be there for you once the system is up and running on December 17. Unfortunately, requisitions with or without updates and hiring proposals will not convert to Talent Center if they are not submitted before the deadline. Please prioritize which requests need to be submitted. All submissions for employee start dates of January 2 or before should be prioritized. The Office of Human Resources will also prioritize actions as requests come in for start dates between December 17 and January 2. For later start dates, please wait to perform any actions until Talent Center is available on December 17.
Use New Talent Center Requisition Process Workflow
Once Talent Center is live, all users will begin in Talent Center and will automatically be routed to the correct destinations to complete tasks. Also after launch, the approval workflow will change and improve. The requisition workflow reflects the steps, approvals, roles and integrations/systems involved in each requisition process.
Talent Center and PittSource
For the December 2018 launch, PittSource will exist in an interim state with Talent Center. Any actions done in PittSource will automatically be updated in Talent Center.
How will the two systems work together?
- All users will begin in Talent Center
- When no updates are needed to the job description the department will create the posting (now called a requisition) immediately in Talent Center and submit for approval
- When a new job description needs to be created or modifications are needed to an existing job description:
- The department user will be automatically and seamlessly redirected to PittSource
- The new or updated job description request will be created and follow established approvals
- All newly created job descriptions and modifications to existing job descriptions will be updated automatically in Talent Center
- The department user will create the requisition in Talent Center and submit for approval
What will change and improve after the December 2018 launch:
- Streamlined approval process
- One-click applicant disposition process
- Electronic offer letters with e-signature
- Additional fields for position justification and budgetary information
- Ability to designate a negotiable salary amount on the offer
- Automated references through a third party vendor
- Twice the provisional verification
- Candidate transparency on their status (including timely notifications)
- Sensitive/protected information gathered during onboarding (SSN, DOB)
- Account number validation
Why is Pitt transitioning to Talent Center?
System modernization keeps Pitt on the upward trajectory of being a leading employer in the Western Pennsylvania area and a leading research and educational institution by being able to provide more robust services to the University community, while continuing to attract, retain, and elevate an exceptional workforce. Our goal is to provide as much ease of use with technology in our professional lives as we have in our daily lives. Talent Center will do just that and will help Pitt stay competitive to recruit and hire amazing employees.
Why are you using both Talent Center and PittSource systems?
For the December launch, PittSource will exist in an interim state with Talent Center. The two systems will work together to provide a seamless process for all recruiting and hiring actions. For now, PittSource will house all job descriptions and Talent Center will be where users start and end talent acquisition actions. More details on how the two systems will work together can be found on the Talent Center page.
Who will be affected by these changes?
The December 17 Talent Center Launch will impact those who are involved in the hiring process of staff, students, and temporary employees.
Will applicants be able to apply during the outage?
No. During the December 12-17 outage, no one, including applicants will have access to PittSource. Once Talent Center is launched, applicants will be directed to a brand new applicant site, join.pitt.edu.
What if I don't get my posting and offer requests to my final approver before the outage?
If you don’t get updated or new requisitions submitted before the outage, don't fret. They will be there for you once the system is up and running on December 17. Unfortunately, requisitions with or without updates and hiring proposals will not convert to Talent Center if they are not submitted before the deadline. Our Pitt Worx Talent Center team will be monitoring pending requests before the outage and will work with departments as needed before December 12.