The Pitt Worx system will be temporarily unavailable from Friday, August 20 at 10:00 p.m. ET until Sunday, August 22 at 10:00 p.m. ET for a system update. During this time, employees will be unable to access Pitt Worx.
Those who need to submit time cards for the week of August 15–21 should plan to do so before or after the outage period; time cards cannot be submitted during the system outage. As a reminder, time cards must be submitted and approved by 12 noon on Monday, August 23.
What's New in Pitt Worx
The Pitt Worx update brings some minor enhancements to system functionality. Beginning on August 23, users can visit the Pitt Worx Hub to access the following updates:
Minor Interface Changes
Update to Pitt Worx Navigation Icons:
- The Pitt Worx Icons located at the top right of the Pitt Worx Employee Dashboard are being slightly altered to assist with user visibility. This update does not change the functions of the icons.
Updated Order for Quick Actions and Employee Actions:
- Pitt Worx Quick Actions List: The Quick Action list found on the Pitt Worx Employee Dashboard will now be organized alphabetically.
- Additional Assignment Information: The following three employee actions now have a new order with the 21C update.
- Appointment/Reappointment Change (With Salary Change) – Faculty Details will display before Secondary Assignment
- Appointment/Reappointment Change (Without Salary Change) – Faculty Details will display before Secondary Assignment
- Faculty Sabbatical (Half Salary) – Faculty Details will display before Additional Leave Information
- HR Master and New Hire Rehire Extract Report: The HR Master and New Hire Rehire Extract Report is now available for departments to access.
- This report provides active employee data based on the "As of Date" entered in the parameters of the report. The report alos provides information about New Hires/Rehires based on the start and end date entered in the parameters of the report. To review this information, ensure the New Hire/Rehire flag is set to "Yes."
- Learn more about running reports in Pitt Worx.
- Enhanced Self-Service Benefits Page:
- With this enhancement, the “Who’s Covered” section will no longer be displayed for those that waive benefits plan or opt out of enrollment. Previously, when a participant waived a plan, they appeared as “You” in the “Who’s Covered” section on the confirmation page, even though they waived or opted out from the plan.
- Individuals can now review expanded details for all enrolled plans on the benefits enrollment confirmation page. Participants can now easily preview all their plans without expanding each option before they print the enrollment summary.
- The “People to Cover” page has been renamed to “Before You Enroll” and the “People” section has been renamed to “People to Cover."
For questions or concerns about Pitt Worx, please submit an inquiry at www.hr.pitt.edu/contact-ohr.